Friday, November 15, 2013

IBS WEEK 4

Colossians 3:2
My weekly devotions have all been focused on letting God be in control instead of myself wanting to be in control of my life, so my IBS verse is:

“Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.”

The previous verse is a beautiful reminder of Christ’s power, sitting at the right hand of God, where our eyes should be. Why wouldn’t my eyes be there? He literally has the universe in His hands, everyone’s beginning and everyone’s end. I love meditating on this fact, and it reminds me of the song “How Great is Our God” when the verses say “…beginning and the end…” and “…the Lion and the Lamb…”, and what an incredible truth that is! He is everything, the beginning and end, the Alpha and Omega, the Lion and the Lamb; His birth being the start of the world’s greatest rescue mission, and His death not being the end, but only new life. It’s hard to even see the things of this world when you truly meditate on God and His greatness.

My application is to read Colossians 3:1-4 every night before I go to bed so I can have the Word remind me of God’s glory, power, and who I am in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment