Monday, August 26, 2013

IBS Philippians 2:2-3

IBS PHIL 2:2-3
My goodness, I absolutely adore how beautifully written this verse is. 
I do not believe Paul was only saying his joy would be complete if we are like-minded and bound in unity, but that joy will be ours as well. 
The preceding verse says if we get encouragement, comfort, fellowship, tenderness and compassion from the Lord and being united in Him, then continue with that and strive for the one purpose of  being closer to Him. 
I don't know about you, but this sounds a lot like IGNITE class 5 to me.  
We've all come here for one purpose and God on our minds, and I genuinely believe this is the main reason we are able to connect so well. Not because of team building or being forced to live within 20 feet of each other, although these things help. But it's because Christ is our common ground and learning how to do His work is what were here for. 
You can tell we're united and like-minded in love and in spirit because there's compassion, tenderness, comfort, fellowship, and encouragement toward each other where there would be none elsewhere.

 There's  no selfish ambition or vain conceit, as there is no room for that here with each other. It's almost impossible to love with a Christly live while being selfish, as love is self giving and kills the desires of the flesh, which is so beautifully represented by the people here. 
I love it, and it allows me to see the true love of Christ shining through each one of these people every single day. 

My application is to by the end of this week, write letters of appreciation to each one of my fellow interns, including how they've impacted my time here and how much I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment