Friday, August 23, 2013

IBS COLOSSIANS 3:20

(PREFACE: I had done an IBS on Ephesians 6:1, but I'm not posting that one)

So this pretty much contradicts everything I had said in the previous verse, because there it said "In the Lord", as here it said IN EVERYTHING. 


I still stand firm on my "heart of the Word" stance. God's heart isn't for us to be in sin, so here it's still to obey your parents. 
The end, though, says it'll please the Lord. The other verse ends with because this is right. How simple is it for us that obeying our parents is right and pleases the Lord! Like, what?! 
He's looking down on us pleased, not only because of this, but because we're obeying His word and are able to stand righteous in front of Him. 
I believe if we're able to follow this simple command, it will allow us to love more richly, and as we all know, that alone covers a multitude of sins. 

Application: I will right down a list of ways I KNOW I have purposely bent the rules here at IGNITE and go to the staff members here to apologize for the disrespect I've had for them and their authority. 

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! :) Keep pressing on and growing stronger every day! LOVE YOU!! <3

    ReplyDelete