Monday, August 19, 2013

IBS - August 1 - COLOSSIANS 3:16

A dwelling is a home, and the Word should be dwelling in each one of us. Not simply a visitor that only comes in during our devotions or in a lecture, but comes into us and stays to bring us wisdom and gratitude toward the Lord. 
It also says it is to dwell RICHLY. An abundance of the Word should be inside us so we can pour into others, allowing us to teach about that same wisdom which can only come from the Word of God, bringing us the Spirit to dwell in us.

Application is to not become stagnant with Scripture. If you've read the Bible or memorized loads of verses, that doesn't mean you're done and don't need to continue; this couldn't be farther from the truth. I am going to dedicate myself to memorize the book of 1 Peter by the end of this IGNITE program. This will create a new challenge for me, as well as a reminder to meditate on the Word day and night, not letting it depart from my mouth. 
By doing this, I will be walking closer with the Lord and remember the importance of His Word and being filled with the Spirit, that I may pour into others for the sole purpose of His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment