Monday, September 23, 2013

IBS 1 CORINTHIANS 9:24

My first thought is that the path to righteousness is narrow.

So many people are running this race of life, but for what? Too many aren't even running for the prize, but for the race alone, expecting to cross the finishing line with more, but getting nothing.
Now, I agree with running the race for the sake of running it. However, we're not the race, just a part of it. We need to run to remember that. The race is not where we belong or should plan on residing in. We'll get plowed over by other runners focused on the finish line.
We need to run with our eyes on the end, on Who's at the end, on Who we're running the race for: Christ.

We've given our lives to Christ, and are called to live showing it, keeping our eyes on Him.
He's given us commands to follow, and we are to love Him and His people. That is the way we run to achieve the prize.
If we live out our lives in this way, focused on Christ and loving His people, this race will be that much greater, knowing the God of the universe is helping us through it as well as waiting at the end for us.

My application is to write "in such a way" around my inside arm tattoo, so I can remember there are specific things I am called to do and specific ways I am called to be in order to gain Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment