Wednesday, September 18, 2013

PHILIPPIANS 3:12-13

Philippians 3:12-13
PRESS ON. 
OUR VERSE. 
We don't have it, we haven't even gotten it yet, but we still strive toward the prize with all our might to reach everything Christ has for us. 
I say it all the time: being a Christian isn't that You're a sinner and I'm not. It isn't that I know I'm a sinner. It isn't even that I have a savior. We all have a savior, we're all sinners. But what differs is that I KNOW I have a savior, and ask him to be mine. 
This doesn't make me perfect. On the contrary, it opens my eyes more and more each day to how  desperate I am for for a savior, and how deserving I really am to live in Hell for eternity. 

Instead, God allows me to have the title of Daughter of the One True King. I will accept this, as if I have a choice, and live, as Pastor Steve Venable says. "in light of eternity". 

My eyes will remain on Christ and Christ alone. 

Application: to "forget what is behind", my next On The Mount time I will write a list of things from my past that are holding me back from being closer to Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment