Thursday, September 12, 2013

IBS LUKE 17:9

IBS LUKE 17:9
This is something I learned when I was very little: you don't get a thank you or a reward for something you're supposed to do. It always upset my sister and I because we didn't get an allowance for doing chores--or sometimes nothing at all--like the other kids did. My parents would always respond with "why would I pay you for something you're supposed to be doing anyway?"
I now understand they were completely right, and I shouldn't have a high expectancy for something that should have none.

If we have true servant's hearts, it doesn't matter what we get in the end; we know right now and every moment that we have Jesus, the Spirit, and an eternal life with Him. As we serve, there should be no intentions to glorify yourself or the things you're doing; everything we do must be done to edify the church, build and strengthen God's people, and honor Him.

Each morning this week, I will have a simple track back list of things I'm thankful for, as it's all come from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment