Saturday, December 28, 2013

IBS WEEK 5

Mark 7:8

Something I have been extremely blessed by during my entire walk with Jesus is that wherever I go, my mentors and teachers have always taught about the bible as it is: it's the heart of the Word, not the word of the Word.
Jesus didn't come for our traditions, and God didn't set commands for our actions; it's our heart behind the actions. Are we obeying His commands because He gave them to us and we have to do them to be "holy", or because we love Him and want to have a relationship with Him? 

If we obey the Word simply out of habit, without any heart into it, we're missing the point and relationship with Jesus; we'll soon be like the Pharisees--full of knowledge, but having hearts against the true and living God.

My application for this week is to pick out commonly used verses that are taken literally or legalistically and write the true point of the verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment