Saturday, December 28, 2013

IBS WEEK 9

Joel 1:5

"Wake up, you drunkards, and weep!"

I don't know why these little random verses impact me so greatly, but this is definitely one of those. I obviously have a tattoo that says "Awakened", so any type of verse that follows along with that topic grabs my attention a little bit more. 
We try to distract ourselves with the things of this world, here depicted as wine, but even without the alcohol we are drunk. We get drunk on our sin, unable to see or think clearly. We become disgusting and incoherent, unable to see truth and reality for what it is. Filling ourselves with the world and giving in to our fleshly desires makes us drunk. It clouds our vision, and gets us to the point where we can't see God. He seems so far away, and it's difficult to come back to where we need to be.

We need to wake up. Wake up, and look at our sin! Look at ourselves! Look at what we're doing! How is that in any way along with God's will for us?! And if it's someone who doesn't believe in God or the bible, but "wants to be a good person", read the bible! Look at what God's Word actually says, and believe me, you'll become a true Christian real quick.

Acknowledge God is the King, and love each other. Do these things, and your life will change. 
It's a day by day, minute by minute process that you can't do without the Spirit. 
So my application is, every day, ask the Spirit to wake me up, so I can see through HIS eyes, not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment