Saturday, February 15, 2014

IBS WEEK 16

Proverbs 7

The key verses that stood out to me while reading this were verses 4, 7, & 8. We are to love, appreciate, and respect wisdom, and cherish it as a part of us.

After reading all of chapter 7 over and over again, the weight of it's meaning to me is important. There is not so much focus on the adulteress--that's not the main point. Sinners will always be there, as will temptation, but we're not to focus on that in life. We're not to focus on the woman in this passage. My focus is on the man going to her house. He is describes as a youth who lacked judgement. He may or may not have intentionally desired to meet her, but because of his lack of wisdom and judgement, he ended up in the area where he will be tempted. 

Verse 25 says to not stray into her paths, which amplifies what the man has done. This is good for me to read, because I have a tendency to end up in areas or situations that have the possibility of tempting me. 

My application is to put verse 25 in my concordance under "Life", as a reminder to not allow myself, my heart, or my thoughts stray into areas that would allow myself to be tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment