Friday, October 30, 2015

--Deny Kenzie--

--Proverbs 3:7--
"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil."

Everything a person needs to have a strong foundation on the Lord can go back to this verse.

Being a Christian is being called to love. That being said, we can't do anything unless we are doing it as unto the Lord and as He would have us do. If He calls us to love, forgive, follow, serve, fellowship, teach, lead, etc.., we must remember that's as the Lord would have us. We're called to do these things HIS way, not the way we see fit. I might think I'm loving or serving or following the best I can, but that's not what He said to do. I need to follow how He did it.

It's a constant struggle, to live in the world and in our flesh but to be called to a higher standard. We're called to have the heart of the Lord--to put on the mind of Christ, and how amazing it is that He's given us the ability to do it. He's never asked us to do anything He didn't already do. I am to deny myself and see the way He does. In the struggles and in the fruitful times, I know I'm blessed beyond comprehension in all of it. 

In every single second, He is good. He is endless goodness and never stops.

I've never known what it truly meant to rely on the Lord to be my everything until this season of my life--not even when I was in Ignite. Now, though, I finally came to Him and finally gave Him full reign in all arenas of my life. He's been so faithful with His promises; went I come to Him wanting to be more like Him, He makes it happen. 

Opening your life to Him, willing to give up all to Him, willing to change and let go of what matters most to you, and knowing it will hurt in order to grow and move forward, puts you in a place of true humility of looking to the Lord and His promises. You'll soon care about what He does, see how He does, and what matters to Him will matter to you. It will no longer be a "sacrifice" to give things to the Lord, because you see what He does and you can live with an eternal mindset, seeing how you can better glorify His name, and that will be your heart and all that matters

The Lord is no longer "good enough" for me, but He is everything for me. I used to think my current boyfriend, or my job, or school, or Ignite, or my friends, or my future husband was "my everything", but God really shows me every second of every day how true it is when I say this:
God is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment